FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Rock, Buffalo - New Fiddleyard - June
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, chaps. I'd forgotten to look...

I see Bob's in there too. Very Happy

steve
steve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on a new fiddleyard for Black Rock for a lot of today. The existing one was really just a stop gap and, being just a single road, a bit limiting. The new one has a point, thus making operation easier and slicker with two roads.

The actual woodwork was done for me by my friend Colin who is Black Cat Baseboards and a very fine job he has made of it too.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/pic0117f.jpg/

I painted the interior with white emulsion, this really helps with visibility especially in halls that are a bit gloomy.

After lining it up and drilling the bolt holes, I then had to find something to bring the track height on the fiddleyard up to that of the scenic board. I tried foam, cork and various thicknesses of plasticard before I found the right one. Suitable pieces were cut to size and glued down.

While this was drying, I cut some copperclad and a suitable piece of short track for the joining piece. The rail was soldered to the copperclad, after gapping. I then screwed the copperclad in place, with the short track attached. Then I added the Peco Code 75 medium radius l/hand point and lengths of rail. This is how it was left, with the glue drying under the rail under suitable weights. (Boxes of cat food!)

Tomorrow's task will be wiring up and painting the exterior in black to match the rest of the layout.

Pics will follow in due course (hopefully, with Jack's invaluable assistance.)

steve
steve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This layout has now been sold.

steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: