FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: #111 Reply with quote

Got mine at Arundel so no time to read it until well into the week-end.

Some nice things, particularly the Dogpatch layout. Does anyone remember the small-format-colour cover days of Model Railway News? I think Ron Bryant may have been the modeller with a rather nice freelance TT scale Scottish pre-Grouping layout. I recall four wheeled coaches adapted from Triang suburban coaches, looking nothing like their donor vehicles and also a brake van with a roof look-out, Highland Rly style. The main station was called Mid-Tapwater, I think. It inspired me to build some similar rolling stock, but I went narrow gauge before a TT layout could happen.

Some present and future releases seem rather tempting, as well. Who'd have thought a Dukedog would become availabl? . A Cambrian coast layout is now distinctly possible - Dukedog, Collet 2251 and a Pannier. Real memories of a holiday at Barmouth aged about eight! The GER 0-6-0 would be perfect for a model of Snape, too. Far too many choices opening up, I fear.
Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inversnecky & Drambruie layout - or whats left of it - is on display at York NRM.
It's in glass cases, so a bit difficult to photograph, although I did take some, & emailed them to Jack as I recall, for possible use in MTI, but nothing as yet... Wink
I do think it's slightly ironic that Chris's Editorial talks about the focus on "only small layouts", in the same issue that carries an article on Helixes (plural??), which only the largest Basement Empire layouts use...!!! Laughing

I particularly like Southlake, page 82.
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sign of it here. Can't remember when it was due to run out but I can't afford to renew so I'll stop taking part on the forum if it has.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
giles b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, if your subscription had run out I think you would have received a reminder with the last edition in November to say so. Perhaps just a bit slow in the post over the week-end.
Jordan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one time I forgot to renew, the next Issue came 'complimentary', with another expiry reminder, but with the addition of a note that basicly expressed the hope I hadn't decided not to renew, that the production staff were sorry if I had, & thanked me for my previous support.... which I thought was quite a nice touch, really.
I renewed my sub from that issue, so paid for it anyway.

I note the sub is available for 1, 3 or 6 issues now - the 12-issue/"two year" sub is no longer available?.
Anyway, is being a subscriber a prerequisite to Forum participation...? Don't leave us, Bob!!
Roger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob! Don't leave !! Your ideas and layouts, posts and video clips are too inspiring - just wouldn't be the same with no blackcloud Shocked

Roger

The Lea Bailey Light Railway - follow us on facebook.
giles b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I throw my support in with the two posts above, Bob. Please continue to keep us in touch with your modelling. BTW, sorry to se Cap Em has been closed down - nice bit of quirky modelling.
CRACKED

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Helixes.

Looking at a German trackplan book recently, they seem to use these quite often to access storage loops placed on baseboards below the main scenic area - often one for each exit. While these are not small layouts in the MTI sense they are certainly not of the basement empire variety
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just discovered my PayPal receipt while going through the 'old email' folder of my AOL mailbox clearing unwanted messages.

It's for 12 months, dated July last year, so it looks as if it's Royal Fail that are to blame... No surprise there. I'll watch to see if 112 arrives.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: