FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Projects for 2015?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRACKED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Projects for 2015? Reply with quote

I blame the EDITOR for this.

I was walking past a skip and saw these.

So what did I think, Layout Baseboards. Size is 43" x 16". I really should not be thinking about starting something else.

Another thread on this forum is about the Airfix/Dapol Railbus kit. Remined me I bought one of these some years back. I also acquired a pair of drivers cab from Chris Leigh for this. Chassis was to be the Branchlines one, but this got extended to go under a MTK Bristol/ECW railbus (something else which needs finishing). I have a lot of unstarted kits in several scales.
Really must try and get something finished this year.

Smile
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look pretty sturdy, Clive. Used together for O gauge, perhaps? Laughing
CRACKED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo below shows my sum total of 7mm stock. An unpainted wagon and a County Donegal Railcar in 0-16.5

The railcar was built after a frustrating time painting another model, as it was pre-coloured. It runs on a triang Nelly chassis and a lner bogie that happened to be spare.

I am not totally discounting '0' as I have several other kits for wagons, a coach and Westdale ones for a derby lightweight single railcar and Sentinel.

You are definitely the better modeller Giles

Clive Smile
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want narrow gauge, but not committed to O scale, why not try 1/35 or 1/32 scale. Lots of accessories and still can build using 16.5mm gauge track.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re skip-raiding - no-one round my way chucks out handy layout-sized pieces of mdf or similar boards Sad My neighbour is a builder & even he doesn't chuck out wood of any usefulness.... Rolling Eyes Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: