FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery building bought at exhibition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Mystery building bought at exhibition Reply with quote

I am always looking out for interesting model buildings at exhibitions, and found this last weekend.

and

It has the look of Hornby Dublo, same colour plastic, but no makers name on it at all. The windows and doors are attached to the roof, so by pressing in on windows you can take the whole green section off easily.

It is definitely not Hornby Dublo, though, I asked a HD collector at the exhibition, but suspect it was deliberately designed to be used with the HD plastic range.
I plan to use it for either one of my 1940s era modules, or part of a fictional Dunsfold in 1970 with blue emu trains, as it will look OK alongside my HD plastic suburban station.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
giles b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought was "French?". Hornby ACHO possibly??? Useful building, whatever its origin. Looks like a small ground level signal-box or mess hut on one side, and a store of some sort the other.
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be tempted to lose those roof vents, but apart from that it'd make a good freight yard office.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was French Hornby, I would expect name on it. Also doors are nearer to OO scale. I have just had an idea, and maybe it is Roco Minitanks. Just bought some of their Nissen huts and doors look bigger than HO. It could be a military building.

had a good search on google, various makes, but nothings matches.

Graham W

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure it's from the LIMA 'OO' range. It was included in the trainset that contained a British OO scale Diesel (usually the Deltic), a couple of MK1 coaches and a Continental car transporter. The building was clipped to a plastic baseplate that also included space for a single line of track and a car loading ramp. Probably dates from the late 70's/ early 80's.
I'm afraid I don't know how to post pictures on this forum, but if you google 'Lima OO train sets' and look in the 'images' you can find photo's.

Graham
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lima , yes, had not thought of them. Found the building as part of a rail to road transfer set, where wagons move onto a low road trailer.
Odd it does not say Lima on model though.
http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/305/793305_100904224950_DSC00115.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: