FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SRI 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham W

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also....I think you will find that on the PECO Publications website, they show the covers and contents of both the current issues of RM & CM and also what articles are coming in the following month.
Plus...if you look at the Exact Editions pages of RM & CM (you don't have to be a subscriber just to look!), you can view (in small) size every page of both magazines, both current and the back issues.

Graham
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, just another idea, put a web link in your signature on forum. I know it seems lazy, but having it there in front of you actually helps. Sad, but sometimes dotting the s's and crossing the t's is still a good idea. One reason for advertising links on websites is to make it easier to get to. Might suggest first person to post something for a new issue, to do the same. Everything helps.

On the subject of contents list Chris Leigh puts the one for Model Rail on RMweb. He does not have to, they don't own the forum, but I am sure it does get more people to buy the magazine, and then there is discussion, it has something to connect to. Yes RM and CM have contents on Peco page( I need to check details, and if I remember for next issue I will post link on suitable thread. CM does not have its own section on RMweb though. Thinking about it it is strange advertising competiton(for free) on a forum you own, but I would not like to be the person to tell Chris Leigh he can not do so, as most of us have grown up(???) with him as an editor of a well known magazine.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
C Ford

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... My memory may be playing tricks, but was the last mention of SCALE RAIL INTERNATIONAL on rmweb a certain person advising people not to touch it as I was asking for cash up front and running a scam. Can't think who that might have been, but my solicitor has been informed. The libel laws do cover forums as well as the Daily Mail.

Anyway as I'm obviously not running a scam and in case people hadn't noticed we are up to No5 of SRI (No6 out very soon) and I have lots of very satisfied subscribers.

Just a bit over twenty quid folks for six great mags about small layouts and quirky modelable prototypes. See website http://www.scalerailsint.blogspot.co.uk/ for more details.
Just like MTI only smaller and cuter with all you old favourite characters and a few shiny new ones!
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a look on the blog, but can not see how to subscribe. Not obvious anyway.
On forums , it is the custom to say something about yourself when you post first time. Did I miss that? That can then mean there there is less chance of any misunderstandings. We are all trying to help the hobby along, and Chris when you first started posting here, no-one else posted to say they knew you. One thing online security people will advice, is to take care. That might mean the good get ignored, but it means anyone who is genuine has to put more information out there. It is just common sense.

I have been involved in a few projects involving business advisors on past few years, and what I have suggested is based on suggestions from business professionals. Some of my own business ideas have been a bit crazy, but luckily I have been advised not to proceed. Other projects have proceeded, and benefited from good advice.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
steve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

Will you be sending reminders for when subs run out? I can never remember...

cheers

steve
C Ford

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve
Yes. I've got renewal forms down to do this week. Yours will arrive neatly with No6. My renewing policy as outlined at the start of all this didn't quite work out - road to hell etc etc. I did want to try and keep it neat and work in six issue lumps. Due to the demand, No1 & 2 sold out and I had to increase the print runs fairly rapidly. So quite a few recent subscribers started with later issues. Not what I intended, but obviously I'm very pleased with the enthusiasm. I didn't quite believe that people would want the whole set - that has been the case though and I've pondered whether to re-run 1 & 2. This of course is the difference with a periodical as opposed to most other products in that it's slightly time sensitive and fluid, unlike a book which is static. My thanks to all here for being part of the process.

I've just got the index done for Vol 1 and checked. I'll get that on the web page as soon as. It will be included in No 6 though. http://www.scalerailsint.blogspot.co.uk/

Over to my friend now for the usual negative comment which will read something like: I've done it all wrong, he feels left out, but won't subscribe as money is so 20th century. But we've heard it all before and it's fairly predictable.
C Ford

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that are interested, the FULL index for SRI Vol 1 is now dropped onto the web page including the as yet to be printed No6. Address as above.
C.
steve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris!

steve
Roger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Chris - I look forward to renewing my subs

Keep up the good work

Roger

The Lea Bailey Light Railway - follow us on facebook.
gwyn1946

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to no6 Chris, my check awaits.
Don.
alastairq

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to subscribe......and would like to buy all the back issues to issue one.....but for a couple of things?

Firstly, I seem to have missed on how to actually become a subscriber, and secondly, since I don't use cheques any more, [nether is my bank actually 'local' to me ! A 25 mile drive, plus hassle of parking, and paying...this is what tinternet is for, eh?]....I would need to pay either by paypal, or by a direct payment via my online bank account...for which I'd need a recipient's account number & sort code.

Sorry...as one of life's ancients, but still working, including silly hours...I seem to only get on tinternet but slightly more than I watch telly!

One day, I WILL retire from paid employment..but until then it seems the government is happy to throw public money at me, and I feel it wold be trite to refuse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: