FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vaihingen tram terminus, Stuttgart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy in Germany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Vaihingen tram terminus, Stuttgart Reply with quote

On the way through Stuttgart today we had to change from S-Bahn to tram/U-Bahn, and I had 15 minutes to spare, so I took some pictures.

This is the terminus of the U1, U3, and U8 lines, so there are sidings to exchange the trams between the routes.

Standing on Platform 1 (Departures for U3 and U8) looking towards the sidings. the tram is leaving platform 4 (U1 arrivals) to the siding to turn around for the trip back into Stuttgart

From the end of platform 4, showing track layout of the exchange sidings

The 'city' end of P4. Lines in the foreground go towards Stuttgart, those in the distance carry the U3 nd U8 around the city. Large building partly hidden by a tree is the main station building for DB.

The U3 and U8 tracks showing the linkline and crossover. U3 service arriving.

It was getting dark and rainy by this point so I went to catch my tram. Google has very good coverage as an aerial photo, you can find it by entering 'Vaihingen Bf Stuttgart' into the search box on google maps, and clicking on the 'sattelite' option.

The station probably isn't that interesting as it is, but the plan and operaing system could be the basis of an interesting layout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: