FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More rambling round Arkansas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mauricejg18704

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you will ever get to read this, but couldn't let you go with a word or two. I am not sure how things are where you live but many Libraries in The U.S. have free Internet, so you may consider occasionally checking in with us through that option. Thank you for sharing your modelling with us.
Jordan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauricejg18704 wrote:
Don't know if you will ever get to read this, but couldn't let you go with a word or two. I am not sure how things are where you live but many Libraries in The U.S. have free Internet, so you may consider occasionally checking in with us through that option. Thank you for sharing your modelling with us.

What he said. Thanks for all the pictures and inspiration Peter, & all the best.
Happy modelling!
giles b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sad, Peter. Thanks for all your encouragement over the years. Perhaps see you behind "Sisters" at a future show.
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice, our public libraries usually have free internet, unfortunately our villages are (if they have any library service at all) catered for by mobile libraries. Basically a horsebox filled with books.

Plenty of pubs and similar establishments also provide free WiFi but again the problem in rural areas is that there is a pitifully poor connection. It's not just rural areas either, my own internet connection is often slow and I live on the outskirts of a fair sized market town.

Peter, as Giles says there's always exhibiting with Two Sisters... And you could take your laptop along to shows just in case they do have a decent WiFi service at the venue.

Either that or hop on a bus! My local service from Crewe to Macclesfield boasts free WiFi and it does not have a long flex trailing behind so I'm assuming it is using mobile phone technology. One advantage of being old enough for a bus pass!

Anyway, thanks for all the inspiration over the years. Cool

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: