FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bangers and MASH
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

layout is at small exhibition in Blackburn next weekend. I am hoping to display it on my old arm stretcher.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday 1100-1700 / Sunday 1000-1500

Audley Sport & Community Centre,
Chester Street,
Blackburn,
Lancashire,
BB1 1LP

Adults 5.00 / Children/Concession/Student/OAP 3.00

Wink

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Bob.
It is only a small show, but there is not very much around January and February up around here.
I think some up here seem to think snow will stop everything running, but only Preston had a problem a couple of years ago, and that was a weekend they had already switched to, and now they clash with Rainhill some years.

The small Blackburn show is useful to try out new layouts and ideas.

The show is for local charities and it has moved around a bit so not sure what venue is like.

Just a pity the UK modellers site does not show full layout details, as the only one it lists is from Pendle Forest club, which is popular but has been seen loads of times over past 15-20 years!

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

show went well. Layout even went together with no problems. Hopefully one invite for later in the year. I do want to change way boards are linked together, and I am going to try out an idea based on my 3D printed track, Will also mean I have to add extra wiring to scenic boards, but that will make trains run even better.
I have some photos and video to put together, to show here, when I have the time.

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video now online. No music, but if you click on this link first, and leave it running in background, then click on my link to my video , and watch it with MASH theme tune in background.
MASH theme tune

and
BAngers and MASH Video

Just remember to set m video to mute, otherwise you get my annoying camera clicks.
You find have to set the MASH theme video to un-mute , as it seems to remember last settings.

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bangers and M.A.S.H now booked to do Rainhill next year. Need to add sound effects and luckily found a simple text to speech piece of software, so willl build up a selection of the announcements and either use computer or create a CD of it. If I use computer , it will be possible to add real announcements, so some might have to watch out when looking at layout!
All for fun.
Hopefully should be able to drown out some of those reptitive pountless diesel in depot sounds!

Still need to get the American style speakers to fit.

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only a few weeks to go, I am working on a better support system for rear section. Everything has to fit in car, so have to be careful.
Also just received latest copy(Feb) of Contenental Modeller and it is in next month's magazine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: