FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British outline HO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allegheny1600

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,
Okay, that's fine, thanks!
All being well, I should be at the Warrington show (Saturday) as it's only just down the road from me.
Cheers,
John.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure which day yet, but traffic won't be any better either day.

latest batch of 3D printed items(including the wagon) are on the way here.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wagon received today. looks very good. Fitting wheels is next job, always tricky with small models. not best photo but difficult photographing this raw state. Just needed to drillout very little in axle boxes and wheels from modern Lima wagon fitted

quick coat of paint(still wet)

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made the wagon available . I found it was pushed round test layout for a while, so runs OK,but will add weight before running it properly.

allegheny1600

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,
It was nice to see you last Saturday and have a chat. Sorry it's taken until now to reply but had to load up a new isp (Chrome!) and of course, had to resurrect all my passwords.
Anyway, I'm impressed with the wagon, it looks pretty good to me. Must do some selling so I can buy a few.
Cheers,
John.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick update on my own progrss.
Am currently building the Oerlikon 3 car EMU,and have done design for a GEC unit(including the extra coach). I am considerung starting on a SR EMU, probably a WIM, as the shape of the roof, being converted from ex overhead supplied units, makes them a bit different. EMUs are a good model for HO, as less problems with chassis. I hve used an ENDO power bogie, and they are definitely better than Tenshodo. Only problem is that they are too short, but I can live with that. Other bogies come from Playcraft Mk1 coaches.

Once I have another EMU, almost certanly the WIM, I will start on layout. My idea is for a west London location, possibly an upgraded Hammersmith&Chiswick branch line terminus. I would assume new art deco station buildings were built, and the station links to both North London/Watford service and Southern one. Time period probably late 50s early 60s. Looking at the station layout, there was room for double track, so it could have been developed.

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at scale drawings, and I mudded the 2WIM with the 2SL. As it is the 2SL which has the lowere front roof section, it is those which I will do. Both were converte from LBSCR stock, so in theory probably could do both . Given thediffernt route I am planning, there may be a different name, but I won't think too much about that.

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working on a Brish HO boxfile layout, now I stage I can put it to one side.
The more I play around with HO the better it looks, and apart from well detailed OO items I have I am concentrating on HO.

Followng on from the various EMUs, I have now done(waiting for it to print) an LNWR steam railmotor, and am currently working on a Ford Dagenham diesel electric loco.

Although I am also working on a small London themed tram OO layout, I will probably start to look at some London trams in HO. Might then combine that with a dockside/industrial with tram cross, and maybe an upper level for mainline EMUs. Somewhere east of the city of London. And it will havea footprint not much bigger than an APA box, it will need to fit in my suitcase.

Before I start on that I must get started on my West London layout.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: