FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wealden Rly Group's Small Layout Show 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dudley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Wealden Rly Group's Small Layout Show 2017 Reply with quote

Hello folks,

Will this show be happening in 2017?

Dudley
giles b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's this Saturday from 1030 - 16.30.
Venue: The Steyning Centre, Fletchers Croft, Steyning, BN44 3XZ
Admission 3.50

Please be aware that the adjacent car park is now Pay & Display (payment by card only), with a 3 hours max time limit. Ask at the show pay-desk to be directed to a nearby road with no parking restrictions - a 4 minute walk from the show.

See you there.
Dudley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Giles. This is the first I've heard of the show this year - has it been advertised anywhere else? Is there any chance that the roads without parking restrictions could be named on here? That would be so much more convenient.
Kind regards,
Dudley
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudley,

The info I posted I'd gained as an exhibitor at the show. As I'm not an organiser I can't give you chapter and verse on parking, but have a look on Google Earth to find Fletchers Croft and you'll see there's a dead end road leading up to the church on the other side of the road that passes the Centre. I think that's it. Edit: THIS IS WRONG - see posting below.

Don't know about advertising. I think it's probably been on the CMRA's online Exhibition Diary.

Last edited by giles b on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New information from the show's organiser. Recommended parking road is Goring Road, which is unrestricted - but beware of obstructing driveway entrances, please. It is about a 5 mins walk back to the venue, along a footpath.
Simon Hargraves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame I won't be able to make it....not feeling up to riding the bike today due to a bug of some sort, so have gone to the Surrey 7mmNGA open day at Merstham by train instead...
Hope all goes well and that I can make it next year!
Regards,
Simon.
giles b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on my own, operating Great Sutton, so did not have much time to see the show, and indeed missed two or three layouts altogether. I did like these two exhibits, starting with some Belgian Vicinal rolling stock in 1:32 scale on 32mm track (O gauge)

No room for O gauge? Think again, and look at what Les Colman brought along; a 7mm scale layout with a main baseboard measuring 4ft 6ins by 1ft 3ins. The end of the run-round loop was a sector plate disguised by a corrugated iron loco shed. The sector plate was 18 inches long and was cantilevered out from the end of the board by about 9 inches, making the overall length 5ft 3inches. The flavour was a mixture of Wantage, Laxfield and the Wisbech & Upwell. The points are three foot radius, hand-built.

As usual with Les, the main modelling material was cardboard (including the diesel's body). The locomotive's mechanism was an old Atlas six-wheeled Plymouth chassis.

Some new pictures of Great Sutton will be found in its own thread, tomorrow.
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show organiser has now posted his pictures; they are available at http://wealden.weebly.com/2017-show-pics.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: