FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Castle Aching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edwardian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Castle Aching Reply with quote

I have very much enjoyed lurking and viewing some of the wonderful modelling on this site.

This is my OO layout, set in West Norfolk (UK) circa 1905. So far work has concentrated on the village of Castle Aching, though a start has been made on the stock.

Castle Aching is the terminus of the West Norfolk Railway, a small independent concern, and it even has its own armorial badge, thanks to Mr Phil Sutters.

Castle Aching is my first attempt at a model railway, and it has been a fascinating learning experience. I'm about 15 months into the project now, and progress has had to fit round family, work and the usual Real Life stuff.

One of my great inspirations is Madder Valley, as, I'm sure, is the case with many of us.

Anyhow, I shall see if I can't add a few pictures at this point.

Nothing like a little judicious levity
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, James. I had a friend who lived in the "real" Castle Aching many years ago - I see the inspiration for the model version in the castle mound (which his cottage backed onto) and also the Norman gateway in the village street. Any plans for a ruined priory - on the back-scene, maybe?
Edwardian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Giles.

Yes, it is largely inspired by Acre, but with a nod to Rising, as the name suggests.

I am planning to add a Norman Keep to the mound, or motte, before long.

I shall have to give some thought to the abbey.

Nothing like a little judicious levity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: