FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo hosting for Model Trains Interactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Website Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrys
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Photo hosting for Model Trains Interactive Reply with quote

We've added a new photograph hosting service for MTI forum users.

It's not got all the features and whizzy geegaws of PhotoBucket or ImageShack (or any of the other services for that matter). It only works within this forum (so it's of no use if you want to post here and, for example, on the GnATTERbox). It only works with JPG photographs. You can't upload a photo of the same name as a photo that someone else has uploaded*

On the otherhand, it's here, it's free and it's easy to use.

The URL you need is http://photos.mtimag.co.uk/.

You log in using your user ID and password from the forum and will see a dialog box to upload a photo. The script will reduce your photo in size if it's larger than 600 x 450 pixels - if you can do the reduction yourself beforehand, things will go a lot quicker for you.

Once you've loaded a photo, you'll be shown the code you need to put in your forum posts.

To post this photo I just wrote:
Code:
[img]http://photos.mtimag.co.uk/img_0864.jpg[/img]

Easy, isn't it?

* so why not put your initials in the filename to make it that little bit more unique?
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trip down memory lane, some 45 years, back to my days in 00n3. It was also the first time I built some structures based on real buildings. In the first shot, a view of the quay at Midhaven, the Pride o' Bristol pub was based on the Great Western Hotel in St. Helier, Jersey. the next two are buildings are by Bilteezi with extra detailing, while I think Perks & Perks was an Alex Bowie design, although the firm of solicitors was taken from a Giles cartoon. The loco was made from Airfix kit parts and ran on a K's motor bogie.

I always liked the area round the level crossing in Bridge Street, Midhaven, although I never got round to replacing the Superquick shops.

At the other end of the line was Lamberstock, whose High Street featured the Old Ship, from Richmond (Surrey) and Fuller's Tea-rooms from Windsor. This was the first time I used Slater's styrene brick sheets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Website Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: