FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just 'cos I like it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, Bob Smile I'd be mourning the sale of my Bourbonnais (ex-Ste Emilie) if Salop Street did not have rather short fiddle yards - using a tender loco would mean one less coach or wagon in the trains Sad
giles b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is almost the whole of Stoney End, my last attempt at 009, back in the 1970s. The track plan was an oval with hidden sidings under the hill on the right, and with a small terminus in the middle, which had an overall roof sheltering the platform - just visible in the lower RH corner. The layout was operated as a point to point, with the continuous run (on the left) acting as a branch line to a quarry.

The loco on the quarry train (left) was a Peco Varikit, while the other had started out as a 4-6-0T with a wandering front bogie, which later was removed and the body shortened to suit; with a Minitrix chassis, it was then a good runner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: