FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1860 and all that
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following yesterday's work on the points, I added the point levers. As there were only five in stock, I had to make another two, made from widgets supplied by a friend.

The second picture shows the earlier levers, plus the hedge added along the front of the baseboard to help define the main goods yard (on the right) from the private siding (left)
giles b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a start on the back-scene, with Great Sutton's rural cut-outs removed from the MDF back-board. As they'd been attached with Pritt this turned out to be an easy job with a damp sponge and a scraper. The two ends were cannibalised from spare bits and pieces, and are now all primed with sky blue. Another coat tomorrow should make them ready to screw to the baseboard, then the control panel can be built on the rear face of the end next to the fiddle yard, which will be a major step forward.

I took some time off yesterday to visit a nearby club's exhibition, and resisted the chance to start a project in American S-scale narrow gauge. The chance of a Rivarossi "Reliance Rock" for a tenner was extremely tempting, though. I've always though that this model, which seems rather large for HO (at least compared with the Alco 0-6-0ST), would be a very suitable candidate for a little gentle up-scaling. Twisted Evil
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last, the back-scene is starting to take shape. It was a bit of a search as I wanted at least one street view taken from the top of a hill, so as to give the impression that the station is on the edge of the High Town area in Bridgnorth. Plus it had to look like a 150 year old scene. So here is the view from the station yard, which has been stitched together from four different images, with only the building and trees on the extreme left, hidden behind the station's chimney, actually being Bridgnorth. Thank goodness for modeller's license!

Still a little work to do - barge-boards and a suggestion of the roof on the stone warehouse, and some chimneys for the pub, plus some fencing and a gate to mark the edge of railway propertry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: