FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wealden Railway Group's Model Railway Show 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Wealden Railway Group's Model Railway Show 2018 Reply with quote

This event returns a month earlier than last year and at a new venue.

The date is Saturday 10th March 2018

The venue is the Lancing Parish Rooms, South Street, Lancing BN15 8AJ

Opening times 1030 to 1630

Admission 3.50, accompanied children free. Unaccompanied children 50p

12 + layouts, second-hand sales stand, demonstrations, displays.

Lancing station is a few minutes walk from the Parish Rooms
giles b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all enjoyed a good day out at this show. It was the 25th Anniversary show, and some past layouts were on view again. Here is a small selection of the layouts built by other group members - if I'd known that Salop Street would feature in so many visitor's photos, and I would be promised copies, I could have taken more of the rest of the show.

We start with a blast from the past - seen many years ago in one of the early Chris Ellis magazines and previously at a WRG show. The Looe branch. The title says it all.

Next up is a piece of Portugal, built by Martin Petch. The 0-6-0T in the foreground was once a German loco, converted by me to a French engine for Ste Emilie, then sold on twice more, until it gained this exceptional rebuild.

At the other extreme, at least as far as climate is concerned was this slice of Alaska, built to Gn15 scale by Charlie Fox-Wilson. Just looking at it made you feel cold.

As usual Les Colman had a layout that was mostly cardboard, also used for the bodies of these two locos. The track plan was an Inglenook, and the experimental diesel in green reminded me of the similar one I built for Stratford (Waterside) all those years ago. Les's one looked more to scale, though.

The French Railway Society was showing this briquetterie layout, based on a Julian Andrews idea. The layout contained an interesting range of French road vehicles.

As usual, Chris Elllis came up with something new - another little piece of East Germany c.1960-70. (I think)

Tom Lloyd produced another slice of Cornwall in N, built at speed over the last few weeks. A bit of the Wenford branch, perhaps. The track plan was based on one suggested in one of the last editions of MTI.

Finally the scenic demo stand featured a new display this year - part of a small harbour and some town buildings behind the quay. This is a small part of it.

This is only about half the show. Apologies to those whose layouts I couldn't feature, owing to limited camera memory.
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good selection of photos Giles, thanks for sharing.

Regards Peter M
giles b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show's organiser has posted a more comprehensive set of pictures than mine, including things I missed - and true to form there was one layout I failed to see at all. Embarassed

The link is at http://wealden.weebly.com/2018-show-pics.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: