FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bashing Hit Train coaches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Bashing Hit Train coaches Reply with quote

I've recently converted three Faller Hit Train coaches for use on the FCPyF. They're about the maximum loading gauge that the railway will take but the main problem with them is their weight. They are basically kids' toys and made to withstand pretty rough handling, so there's a lot of plastic in them!

Anyway my plan for three coaches and a van (above) on the mail train has been amended to two and a van so that a Bachmann mogul can drag it up the hill.

The conversion was done using old Tri-ang coach bogies, chopped and mounted between the existing axleboxes.

The new stock entering service has resulted in a cascading of existing coaches to new duties, just as happens on the real railway, as described here.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: