FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dulwich Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: The Dulwich Show Reply with quote

Shellsea was at the show, which is the easiest one I have ever taken a layout to; just ten minutes drive away. I was in a small classroom off the main hall, so we had fans and could open the windows, but with the Drive-it-Youself layout only ten feet away, and an average drivers' age of about five, peaceful it wasn't.

There was a good selection of layouts, so here is a small selection, starting with a Cuban Central's loco shed and part of the factory - in G scale. A study in rust and Make Do and Mend.

In complete contrast La Ville en Campagne was a French village near the German border, with the terminus of a German narrow gauge line (a left over from the era after the Great War, perhaps?). I liked the way a car repair shop was built into the building that screened the single track fiddle yard. Overall size 6ft by 1ft. The printed back-scene, made from a variety of different images, was nicely done with the perspective maintained well, and the French road vehicles added to the atmosphere.

I'll post the rest of the pictures tomorrow.
giles b

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two other layouts featured industrial areas. The first is Fawcett Street, well known to readers of MTI (and other Chris Ellis publications), and originally built by Mike Denwood, but now with a new owner.

The other was Port Louise, which featured a rather nice warehouse. I took this shot before opening time, and only noticed the roof of the fishing boat was on the quayside later. Never had time to go back and re-shoot.

From across the Atlantic was Beaver Creek, which featured this rural wayside station.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: