FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burgess Hill MRC show - September 1st

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Burgess Hill MRC show - September 1st Reply with quote

The Burgess Hill MRC exhibition takes place on Saturday, 1st September 2018, at the Burgess Hill Girls' School, Keymer Road. Opening times 10am to 5pm. The school is a short walk from the railway station.

Shellsea Harbour will be there. Please see the club's website for further details.
giles b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty to see at the show. Here is a small selection, starting with the Wantage Upper Terminus in O gauge. Nice to see a painted representation of the town beyond the railway, and a look at the gasworks siding.

Guglingen (HO scale) was a slice of Germany c.1900, with lots going on at the station and in the town square.

For narrow gauge fans there was a station on the Welsh Highland Railway in 009.

Finally, back in 7mm scale, the Slindon Valley Railway included some local Sussex vernacular architecture as well as well-modelled trains.

Apologies to those I did not photograph, in particular my neighbouring layout, Whitecross Street. Considering I spent ten years working near the site of the model, I must get some pictures next time I see it.
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos Giles, thanks for sharing.

Regards Peter M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: