FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Northampton Model Railway Show 1st March 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Northampton Model Railway Show 1st March 2008 Reply with quote

A reminder about Northampton Model Railway Show at Moulton School on Saturday 1st March. I will be there with Two Sisterís Farm. There are 20+ layouts on show in all scales and gauges. There is also trade support so there is something for everyone to enjoy.
The picture was taken at the Crewe exhibition by Andrew Milner a fellow CRM member. The odd lighting at the venue gives an effect rather like a late summerís evening.

If you want to see any trains you will have to come along!
Broadoak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the show at Moulton last Saturday but was unable to take any pictures as I was on my own. We had some 1500 visitors which is pretty good for a one day show. Two Sisterís Farm was very well received and as a result I have another three invitations. I thought it would be the smallest layout there, but I was wrong. Opposite me was a guy with a small OO layout in a box file, with a fiddle yard on either side. It was brilliantly simple. Iím sure as a result of seeing this many an armchair modeller might be tempted to have a go, I certainly hope so.
Iím a bit of an old woman about how my layout runs so this remark on the RM web site made my day.
Not my interest at all normally - but this large scale estate railway narrow gauge layout 'Two Sister Farm' by Peter Marshall complete with its novel motive power certainly had a pleasing look about it and ran particularly well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: