FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bachmann "Junior" diesel shunter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Bachmann "Junior" diesel shunter Reply with quote

Don't know if any of you have looked at this model but it does have potential. Especially at the reasonable price they are sold at.

Having a quick look at it in their display at a show, I thought it could easily pass for an ex-BR shunter sold into industrial use. New buffers, handrails, clear windows & weathering and there you have it.

They actuall run very well, smooth & quiet. Might even be of use to you large scale NG folk as a chassis or with a modified cab.

steve
giles b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know this one. Anyone got a picture they can post?
Giles
steve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giles,

Here's one --> http://www.bachmannjunior.co.uk/junior/pr.php4#

Alternatively, you could look out a copy of the Jan edition of Traction where there's an article on converting one into an industrial. Modesty forbids me naming the author... Very Happy

steve
Jordan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, if you have one what's the wheelbase measurements? Ie between axle centres and across all 3 axles,? It looks usefully short.
gwyn1946

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: BACHMAN JUNIOR'S Reply with quote

Evening all,to F-Unit- Mad, this may be bit late but in answer to your enquirey the wheel base of these loco's it is 13/16"&13/16" centre to centre accros the axles.
My two, a diesel and the saddle tank ran perfectly straight from the box on my 31yr old H&m Clipper,they are a bit difficult to find however as i beleive that some dealers consider them for kids only,at several shows recentley they have been conspicuous by there absence.The junior range locos are DCC ready (when you manage to part the body from the chassis!) at Pickering two weeks ago Cheltenham Models?were selling these for 26.00 DCC on board!
I am building a new USA shortline model in the loft room but have aquired the Juniors and a bargain price Bachman DCCcontroler to build a small british industrial/light railway model to find out about DCC,for a cost of 65.00 and recycling a few spare points it should be worth a try?
My wife and two daughters have just given me a Wills Craftsman loco shed,provender store and goods shed kits for my birthday so it looks like its definatley a light railway!Anyone got a nice little track plan for 6ft x 19inch.board? Wink
gwyn1946

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Bachman Juniors Reply with quote

Steve,its a bit old now but can the article be posted on here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: