FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bachrus Rolling Road Saddles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Bachrus Rolling Road Saddles Reply with quote

A new 'toy' I've invested in recently is this set of Bachrus RollingRoad Saddles ; the 'Large Scales 60-series' set, for gauges between 23mm and 45mm, to run my O scale locos on, as I lack a roundy-roundy for them and even my Shunty-planks are relatively short...

I've used some aluminium 'U' shaped channel strip to make the testing rig with power connecters screwed to one end; you are supposed to be able to seat the saddles on ordinary track, but I found the rail chairs got in the way on Peco track, and on plain soldered Code 100 track I've made the copper-clad sleepers themselves got in the way; on these channel strips there are no obstructions so any axle/wheel-base set-up is easy, and the saddles are fully supported (and ergo; the weight of the loco too!)

Not only is this rig useful for running in engines and troubleshooting any running problems, it also means I can simply run my engines more anyway, since I can set one up and leave it running whilst doing something else as well- I no longer have to divide my precious spare time so much between 'modelling' and 'operating'...

I got them from Digitrains as per the link above. This was the cheapest price I could find this side of the Pond, and not far off what I worked out it'd cost to order direct from the US, taking shipping & customs charges into account... and that was before the exchange rate plunged last week!!!
Genetk44

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought something similar from Bachmann a few months ago for exactly the same reasons. Very handy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: