FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New contents, index and search functions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Website Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrys
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: New contents, index and search functions Reply with quote

As mentioned in this thread thanks to months of work by John Flann and Steve Hawthorne I've been able to add three ways to browse the history of the magazine.

Clicking on the Contents icon above will take you to the current issue of the magazine, from which point you can either move backwards one issue at a time (and forwards again, once you're not viewing the current issue) or jump directly to any issue for which details are stored.

The Index icon will give you an alphabetical list of all recorded editorial, test track, layout descriptions, concepts and scale drawing articles while the Search option displays its results in chronological order (so if you know the article you were looking for was somewhere in issues 40 to 46 but don't recall its title then the Search option would be the easier way to track it down).

At present we have details of issues 32 to date (although only partial information, gleaned from the indices within MTI, is available for issues 34 and 39).

If you:
(a) have a copy of 34 and/or 39 to hand and can provide the missing information for articles or
(b) have magazines prior to 32 and can provide the necessary information to add these issues to the database
please contact myself or John by PM.

The modeltrainsinternational.co.uk website itself has undergone a redesign to fit in with these browsing options.
stubby47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emrys,

I think the index is a great feature - well done to all those with sore fingers !

Can I make one suggestion / request ? Is it possible to move the Previous/ Next buttons to the top of the screen, between the four main links and the top of the current issue ?

Even with the screen set to 1024 x 768 px resolution, I have to scroll down each time to move to the next issue.

Cheers

Stu
Jim Thompson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning! Absolutely Stunning! Kudos to all involved. Very Happy

Peace,

Jim
Jordan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Thompson wrote:
Stunning! Absolutely Stunning! Kudos to all involved. Very Happy

Seconded. There's been a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes, hasn't there?!?
extra7000south

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job guys!!! Very Happy
Andy in Germany

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking and working very well. Thanks for all the hours of work you put into this.
Emrys
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stubby47 wrote:
Can I make one suggestion / request ? Is it possible to move the Previous/ Next buttons to the top of the screen, between the four main links and the top of the current issue ?

Am I right in thinking you mean on the Contents view? Surely you're not suggesting that not everybody has a 1920x1080 display? Laughing

I'll see if it works putting them on either side of the "Contents for Issue XX" box.
stubby47

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emrys,

Apologies, yes, I did mean on the Contents view.

I'd like to use a 1920 x 1080 display, but my nose would have to be on the screen to let me read anything...

Looks like you've managed to do it though ! Very Happy

Cheers

Stu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Website Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: