FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ID Backscenes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: ID Backscenes Reply with quote

This range of photographic backscenes is brand new, on release today at Warley (Stand A22 - International Models). They are primarily designed for OO but I have used one of the sheets on Lyddlow, which is O scale.

The backscenes are sold in packs of two five foot long nine inch high rolls for 14.99 with four different packs creating a backdrop up to forty feet long without repetition of the image. Two examples shown below, pack B -

and pack D -

The range will be available through good model shops soon. Also available by mail order via Cheshire Railway Modellers. More details can be found on this link or by visiting the ID Backscenes website.

Images removed at request of the manufacturers. Please use this link to view the backscenes.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.

Last edited by Blackcloud Railways on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jordan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Heads Up, BC, favourited to look at later!!! Certainly looks good on Llydlow Mk2!
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony has just called round regarding the new issue of ID Backscenes 107 "Into The Town", the major change is the removal of the nineteen nineties built houses on sheet C, as shown below, but all four sheets have been amended with the removal of modern cars, hi-vis clothing and satellite dishes throughout. There has also been a thinning out of the remaining TV aerials, the amended range now being suitable for steam and early diesel era models in addition to more modern prototypes.
Images removed at request of the manufacturers. Please use this link to view the backscenes.

The full range of backscenes can be seen on this link.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: 208 - Hills and Dales Reply with quote

Postie has just knocked... He wasn't brandishing bills either but an unexpected delivery from ID Backscenes. The package contained a sample of the new Hills and Dales range (ref 208). This backscene comprises of four packs, each containing two sheets five feet long, to build up to forty feet of backscene in the same way that series 107 Into the Town does.

As I am currently working on a corner section for the Cheshire Railway Modellers modular project I have photographed part of the backscene behind it to see how it will look on a layout.

I think you'll agree, as the accompanying photos show, that this is another excellent piece of work from Tony Boon and the ID Backscenes team.

I also tried the backscene against an N gauge layout to see how it looked, San Vince de Rey is not the ideal layout for the trial but it was readily available for use and hastily pushed into service because it is pouring down with rain outside and my other N gauge layouts are in the shed.

With both layouts the backscene is only resting in place, but with proper mounting on a backboard it will look even better.

Look for the green tubes in your local model shop, also available by mail order from International Models.

Please note that neither I nor Cheshire Railway Modellers have any commercial interest in this product. The 208 series is reviewed here purely from a modeller's aspect.

Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not a belated Christmas card that's just been delivered.

Tony Boon called at our house this morning with a sample of the new ID Backscene, 402 "Winter Hills", so I've mocked up a quick snow scene using tissue paper and a layout I'm currently working on.

The new backscene is a single pack, 10ft long and 1ft high.

giles b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the snowy mock-up, Bob. How did you do the snow spraying up from the loco wheels?

That Toby coach is interesting - how long's that been part of the Thomas range. I don't recall ever having seen it on a trader's stand, but it's ideal for a light railway layout. Please could we see a close-up shot of the complete coach when you're next posting something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: