FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh ******, help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Website Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Oh ******, help Reply with quote

I've just accidentally deleted all the PMs in my inbox, among them some I wanted to keep. Are they gone for good, or is there a lifebelt?
Michael Oliver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Giles

On my e mail set up anything deleted from my inbox goes into a deleted items folder and this folder is only emptied when I give the "empty the deleted items folder" Check your deleted items folder and what you want should be there and may be put pack in your inbox.

Mike
alastairq

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi..I think Giles is referring to his forum mailbox.....?
shortliner2001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Giles - I think you are stuck - I think Emrys managed to do this accidentaly away back
Jack
giles b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I thought it might be terminal. I accidentally hit Delete All when I meant to hit Delete Selected. Oh, well!
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps your correspondents still have the messages in their Sentboxes? If so the text can be retransmitted by copying and pasting though images will need to be reloaded separately.

I still have the PM, sent Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:31 am, re the modules on file (but have deleted earlier messages).

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
giles b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

Got your message of 23rd Dec and read it, then promptly lost while trying to delete some others I no longer wanted. If it's not too much of a chore, I'd be grateful to get it again, please. Many thanks for the offer.
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bung it here instead of by PM, it may be of interest to other members too, but they can always ignore it if not. Wink

Connections between CRM style modules as follows.

The electrics are simply a screw connection for two wires, one each for front and rear rails with a single track layout or DCC operation and four wires for double track analogue connections.

The rails bridge the gaps between modules on non-scenic sections, we use between three and four inches in length but this is not critical unless calculating the overall size of a layout for use at exhibitions, and even then it is a minor consideration because our On30 and OO modules are of no set length (though the Gnatterbox Gn15 APA modules are). When planning exhibition attendances I go for four inches per link when calculating the overall length of the layout though. I have used a very short (1 inch) link at some shows where space was at a premium but this was between two modules which were perfectly matched for height so there was no need for the link to provide any compensation in this case.

These non-scenic bridges are simply a bit of track attached to the modules using fishplates only. I suspect that this may not work so well with larger scales such as O standard gauge or G where the locos can be quite heavy but we've had no problems with 16.5mm gauge trains. The pictures tell the story better than words can, especially after taking the dog for a walk (to the pub of course).

Side on view, this is open at the moment because I'm still working on the Gn15 modules featured in these photos but we usually cover the gaps between modules with screens made from plywood or hardboard when at exhibitions (video link showing the FI in use at Leeds last July http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8N89lphZ7Q).

As seen from the "driver's point of view".

The module specs, if anyone would like to build one of their own to join us with, are shown on the link below.
http://crmodellers.phpbbhosts.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
giles b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, Bob. In fact the link to the module spec. is particularly useful.

Is that a new Gn15 railbus in the second photo; a Gnomy tram bash, perhaps?
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnomy tram bash is an old coach that I'd forgotten about. It surfaced when I was rummaging through the railway cupboard looking for some smaller scale rolling stock.

(Note to self - Empty the cupboard and catalogue its contents when restocking, also stack the stuff neatly so it can be found again.)

The coach will be run with the bogie van (which is motorised) and one of the dummy locos to form a Gn15 mail train for the Gnatterbox APA modules. The two passengers need painting yet but this is an easy project to get me used to working in a scale I can see again. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Website Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: