FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bahnhof Breitenfurt Ost
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dampflok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

The good news is that my background has been found - at the hotel!

I didn't keep you up to date with the progress on the layout as most of my updates to the website were all pretty boring with lots of text and few images. However, I have added a few images from the exhibition if you are interested. Of course, they are not much different from those in the spring. Worth having a look though, if you are interested.

With my best wishes,
Chris.
Jordan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dampflok wrote:

The good news is that my background has been found - at the hotel!

That's good news, Chris!
I must admit I did doubt that someone would actually steal it - there can't be that much call for Z-scale German Backscenes, after all!! Wink
Dampflok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jordan.
Nah, there is a massive trade in illegal Z scale backscenes. |^_^l

Seriously, I was more worried that it had been chucked out or driven over. The club said that they had checked every room and there was nothing there. (Well, there was stuff but they took it all back to the clubhouse.) The hotel said no. I could not remember seeing it (well I would have taken it if I had) as I took the last case downstairs. I think that it could have been removed between the time I left, and the final check was made by the club, by an overzealous cleaner and stowed.

The backscene is an original piece of artwork done by a professional artist so was not replaceable. The artist was prepared to come up to Zedex and paint a new back scene right there but it's no longer necessary. Incidentally, she asked me to say that if anyone wants a bespoke backscene paining she's in the market. Just let me know and I will pass on details to her.

Other news. I've replaced three lengths of trackwork and the dud double slip (not tested yet) so the track is nice and smooth and the dud uncoupler is no longer there to derail wagons. Also I have just tried the new lighting in the signal box. And guess what; it shines through the walls. >_< I need to find some black card.

That's all for now.
All the best,
Chris.
Dampflok

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I've been really busy this last couple of months (not just on railways) so, just to give you a summary of my recent activity, here are my latest web pages. I only just finished the Inverness one. Please, if you spot any mistakes, do let me know.

Bahnhof Breitenfurt Ost updated 2012/10/26:
http://tiny.cc/breitenfurt/

Zedex 2012 (Oxford & District MRC) The annual convention for Z gauge modellers in the UK, including Z scale (1:220), Nm and 2mm narrow gauge:
http://trains.manvell.org.uk/exhibitions/2...Zedex/index.htm

Inverness and District MRC Exhibition (8/9 September) at 100miles (160km) my nearest model rail exhibition:
http://trains.manvell.org.uk/exhibitions/2...rness/index.htm

Do have a look, and enjoy, especially the Zedex page where there are two 1:220 British outline layouts, and one in the making, amongst all the superb models.

With best wishes,
Chris.
Dampflok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I just checked my access files and was horrified to see hundreds of errors reported. My apologies for the two links that didn't work. I hadn't realised that the forum software had abbreviated the addresses. Here are the correct links (I hope). Do have a look.

Click here for Zedex 2012.

Click here for the Inverness 2012 expo.

If all else fails, just go to http://trains.manvell.org.uk/ .

Once again, my apologies.

Best wishes,
Chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: