FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ferrocarril Internacional Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting picture, Bob, and one that raises rather a lot of questions. Did you take it? I' m not familiar with the area, but first thoughts would seemingly indicate a formerly double-tracked (secondary?) line now singled and preserved, with an industrial spur leading off to somewhere.

The loco looks to be preserved as it's hauling a single modern-looking coach - is this perhaps its technical support vehicle, or whatever these are called officially (off to collect a stream excursion, perhaps) or was it a one-coach prototype-for-everything passenger special? Looking at the lamp code on the loco I'd suppose the former [must check up on lamp codes!]

Finally, what is that large baulk of timber for, just beyond the crossing? If it swings through 90 degrees it looks as if the upright timber beside the loco bogie would form a stop.

The crowd waiting to cross the line reminds me of my schooldays when we lived near a station that still had a proper level crossing with gates. Thinking of that and noticing a lack of mesh on the gates in the photo, and so little H&S about, is this perhaps a picture from LMS days, after all?

BTW looking at your blog, the one piece of equipment I never expected to see on the FCPyF was a snow-plough!
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Glossop branch, Leander and support coach are either arriving from the Dinting direction and will set back onto the siding to the left when they clear the points or the loco is propelling the coach onto the main line towards Hadfield so that it can turn on the triangle at Dinting and depart loco first towards Guide Bridge. The siding leads to what used to be Dinting Railway Centre.

Not my picture, it is taken from the footbridge steps probably some time in the early 1970s, I lived near here at the time, very near, next to the bridge over the branch about 200 yards along the line from the crossing, and just took the trains for granted so I never photographed them until the 1980s.

The large timber looks as if it's a replacement for a rotten gatepost.

The scene has changed out of all recognition now, the gatehouse has gone, as has the level crossing itself. There are still (lightweight steel) gates from when the crossing was downgraded from public to farm use only, but they are no longer in use and the road surface across the line has been dug up.

Dinting Railway Centre closed years ago, Leander is still pulling charter trains though but she's probably got a MkII support coach by now.

https://yy1.staticflickr.com/6171/6220179358_f41720215c_z.jpg

Back on topic again, the snowplow is essential for an Andean railway, it's a Gnomy/Tri-ang hybrid but I'm sure there must something like it on a narrow gauge railway somewhere in the world.

The snow melted as fast as it appeared so I've been running trains on the FCPyF this afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91k4z-xa7CM

PS - Sprog MkI has just asked why Frog Rock is called Frog Rock so I showed her a picture of the real place. The Google search also provided this, which makes an interesting comparison to Ferrocarril Internacional loco #19 passing the halt in my video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjE18z0kUko

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.

Last edited by Blackcloud Railways on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
giles b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good to be at the lineside on the FCPyF when the trains are running.

Did I spot a new push-pull four-wheeled driving trailer?
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the two car push pull set has something sort of Southern about it, but it is freelance. The two coaches were bought just after I got into On30, along with a full brake which is on the tail of #8's train in the video.

They didn't run very well on the FI modules when it was on the exhibition circuit so didn't see much use. I've taken the running gear apart then reassembled them and they stay on the track now. The brake compo already had windows in the van end so all I had to do was add a horn on the roof and a headlight to convert it into a driving trailer. Also, as it is very obviously built by a British manufacturer, it has a red buffer beam on the front. The FCPyF has used suppliers in the US, the UK and Germany for its locos and stock.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last train of the year...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpzTIyBXcME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: