FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pick and mix micro layouts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loading chute works. Which is a good thing because the layout would be pretty boring without it. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5S5qUfuFuA

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, have you not still got those tipping wagons you bought from me? Rolling Eyes
The reversing line is probably more interesting though, especially without French Christmas carols Very Happy

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Jordan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spirit of "Green End Quarry" lives!!! Very Happy Cool Wink
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, I have but I'm not sure where they are. The Gn15 stock got put away during the summer and I can't find the box of wagons. I thought it was with the locos. I was wrong. Sad They'll turn up sooner or later.

Jordan, there are times when I regret selling GEQ. I've no idea what's happened to it since Steve Warrington passed away but I do hope it wasn't scrapped. Yes, very much the same sort of railway as Green End but with a bit more room in Gn15 (on a much smaller baseboard) I've added the siding to allow some shunting. GEQ originated as a mine to fiddleyard layout, the unloading scene at Reddish Mill was an afterthought.

Having done a bit more work on Lescanby Moor's scenery, using much different techniques to those on Warley Fen, I'm having doubts about joining the two microlayouts. If I do extend it'll probably be a new scene built from scratch... Maybe even Gn15 in a boxfile. Wink

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next job's a difficult one - Not playing with it while waiting for the glue to dry. Rolling Eyes

Roger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks brilliant Bob!
Just been looking at all the pictures on your blog - fab!

Roger

PS - Green End Quarry is an all time favourite of mine and was/is such an inspiration

The Lea Bailey Light Railway - follow us on facebook.
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Roger. I'm quite please with the grass embankment but not sure how the mat will work in smaller patches on the rocks above the line. It might be a (very) slow process of adding individual clumps one at a time, but I've got months to finish the layout before it's going out to a show.

How many times have you heard that said?

How many times has it been followed up with another post in a state of panic as the date becomes days instead of months away?

Rolling Eyes

PS GEQ can be seen in action at Lincoln a few years ago on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMI4hAZUq3k

giles b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking at the blog, Bob. Like the curving On18 module, very much. It helps to give a flow to a thin linear layout, and allows much more interesting track use of the space. Is it only 60cm long? It looks bigger. Hope to see it develop further.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, nice one.(not sure about the wallpaper though!) when I checked on the blog, I saw advert for Rochdale exhibition, and thought you had managed to sneak past their 'rivet counting rottweilers'!

Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not exhibiting, in fact I've only got one date on the calendar this year (taking Lescanby Moor to Swanley). I wouldn't mind visiting Rochdale though so it's on the blog as much as a reminder for me as it is an advert for the show. Wink

giles b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, reading your blog recently - is there a plan to rename Frog Rock as Bug Rock? Laughing

PS looking forward to seeing Lescanby Moor at Swanley
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had managed to lock myself out while changing my email address registration. Back in again now, thanks Giles, Jack and Emrys. Very Happy

No, Frog Rock is not going to be renamed... But the rock face behind the station needs to be sealed to prevent further infestation. I think the best way of doing this is to chisel off the existing rockwork (mainly painted insulation foam) and replace it with filler. Weight is no longer an issue because the modules have been retired from exhibition use. In fact, now it has the upper deck the whole layout is no longer very portable.

Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been hitting the bottle on my days off this week. Well, not so much hitting it as cutting holes in it.

The bottom level of plywood is firmly attached using screws with washers added so that they don't split the plastic of the bottle. Once this was in place the trackbed was built up from it.

And that's as far as I got before getting sidetracked on the interwebby. Rolling Eyes

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Bob, maybe we could get a few of these and build another modular layout!

Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a ready supply, there are a lot of big bottles like this used at work. This one had a stain remover in it, others have detergent and softener.

Unfortunately not quite big enough to fit OO gauge points in and still have a reasonable siding length, so unsuitable for Gn15/On30 unless for "pointless" vignettes. I had wanted to use this one for On30 but settled for On18 instead.

I don't think a row of them would work visually but two, top-to-top with a short fiddleyard between, them might look OK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 38 of 40

Jump to: