FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heljan Waggon und Maschinenbau Railbus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudderlesshippy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Heljan Waggon und Maschinenbau Railbus Reply with quote

Afternoon all…

Just taken delivery of a Heljan Waggon und Maschinenbau 4-wheel railbus (actually it's the second one I've had, the first was damaged by the courier who obviously thought that 'throw parcel over a six foot high gate' meant the same as 'deliver')

I haven't been able to compare the model to any drawings but when compared to the photographs I took at the North Norfolk Railway last year I have to say that I can't find fault with it. The interior floor is a little high but this hides all the mechanical 'gubbins' so I can live with that. Finish is top notch as is performance, handling some very uneven (and grubby) track with ease.

The only parts that need fitting are the steps (which I've left off for now) but I think adding driver(s) and a couple of passengers is going to be vital, the large windows and internal lighting make the empty interior very obvious indeed. I'm going to leave that little job until I have the body apart to fit a DCC chip though and kill two birds with one stone (dismantling the body looks simple enough but possibly prone to damage in ham fists like mine… After two screws are removed a knife blade needs inserting under the door to lever the upper body off, not looking forward to that job at all.)

All in all I'm extremely pleased with this model, surely the ultimate short passenger train.

Andy

http://rudderlessrailwayramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Dudley

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
Instead of 'a knife blade needs inserting under the door to lever the upper body off, not looking forward to that job at all.' - use a thin sliver of Plastikard so as not to damage the plastic body.

Dudley
rudderlesshippy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudley wrote:
Andy,
Instead of 'a knife blade needs inserting under the door to lever the upper body off, not looking forward to that job at all.' - use a thin sliver of Plastikard so as not to damage the plastic body.

Dudley

Thanks for that tip, I'll remember it when I finally get around to adding a chip and some passengers.

Andy

http://rudderlessrailwayramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: