FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue 102
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bungus The Fogeyman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On first browse I must say I like Nick Pallette's version of Box St, using a Single Slip instead of Double... much more prototypical I'd have thought?, and also means a bit more thinking required for shunting!!

For those interested in seeing another version of the single-slip version of the Box Street concept, Weslo Steels will be hitting the exhibition trail again this weekend, at Banbury exhibition on Sunday. Come one come all to Banbury School in Ruskin Road between 10 and 5 and see how badly Box Street can be interpreted!!
(might be a good one for you J if you're in the West Midlands!)

Disgusting of Market Harborough
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While re-reading 102 early this morning it occurred to me that the High Flyer coach used on the Aberford Fly Line (p326 et seq) could easily disguise a motor so that the downhill "gravity powered" run could be performed using the coach alone or with a couple of wagons attached in the rear.

For the return journey there would be two options, either make the gearing on the coach so that it will freewheel in reverse or use a loco which runs at a compatible speed to the coach and have both on the same controller for the uphill run.

There are perhaps some out there who would suggest that DCC could be used to advantage here... But I choose to pretend I did not write this paragraph. Damn witchcraft.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: