FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slimming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Slimming Reply with quote

No, not for me! Built for comfort, not speed, and too old to start bothering about my figure.

The slimming here is from O16.5/On30 to O9/On18 and the patient is a short Chivers waycar.

This was one of the early coaches used on the Pampas and Fernandez, then later on the Ferrocarril Internacional, but replaced by the larger Bachmann stock. I've converted it by removing everything below the floor, bogies and mountings, then replacing them with an N gauge wagon chassis. A Kato tank car is a good match for the length. At the same time I've replaced the plastic handrails with wire.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
alastairq

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nicely done....good to see it isn't a cricket pavilion?
giles b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like those Chivers coaches - they seem very adaptable. What is really useful is that you can get quotes to buy only part of the kit, so you don't need to get the bits not needed for kitbashing. In fact I've got some of their sides and ends ready to make one of the Isla Blanca's railcars using a Bachmann HO Brill trolley for power.

That green van's nice as well; the front end reminds me of my first car. Is it a Morris?
alastairq

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford Thames.

Forget the code at the moment.....[E83W, perhaps]...1172cc sidevalve ford,, as per 103Epop.....slightly offset in chassis.....
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed a Ford. Undetermined scale, made by Corgi, but looks OK against O scale figures.

This one was originally a gas board vehicle but I removed the logos and weathered it, to hide where I'd removed some of the paint as well as the logos. Embarassed

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: