FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tyco 4-6-0 loco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Bring and Buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giles b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Tyco 4-6-0 loco Reply with quote

I've decided not to go ahead with the conversion of this loco to On30, so am offering it for sale, with a price of 15ono + postage at cost; I haven't weighed the loco but suspect the postage will be in the region of 2.75.

The loco runs OK but needs a little lubrication and running in, having been in storage for some time. Having made a quick test it seems it likes larger radius curves than I will be able to give it - in particular itr dislikes the Peco small wye turnout that is a necessary part of my layout plan. However for anyone who wants a runner it should be fine. Since the photo was taken I've added a Kadee coupler to the tender. The only missing part is the coal in the tender, which should be easy enought to replace.
alastairq

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Giles...I have PM'd you.....

about the Tyco 4-6-0 in general.....

according to the site below [a useful resource regarding US steam models?]

http://railroad.union.rpi.edu/old_site/article.php?article=6281#4-6-0's

This is a model of the Sierra RR loco #3.

But it is reckoned to be 1:76 scale instead of 1:87!

Opinion has it that the oversize is more noticeable in the cab.

Therefore, a change of cab [MDC, for example... from their old-timer consol?] might effect a realistic change?

There is a link, in the above link, to a prototype photo, although I have book photos as well....and the loco itself was in existence until recently.

Stripped, with some judicious [Cal-Scale???] detailing.... air pumps, pipe runs, brakes, etc......and getting rid of the garish plating, plus a new cab, could see the sort of transformation to a 'toy' that I so loved to do decades ago?

Google images for Sierra #3 turns up some interesting piccies too.
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loco is now SOLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Bring and Buy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: