FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4mm Exhibition Layout for Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Bring and Buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puffpuffbuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: 4mm Exhibition Layout for Sale Reply with quote

I have reluctantly decided that in order to make more room for my latest project, I must dispose of one of my existing exhibition layouts.

So I have for sale an 8ft x 2ft, 4mm scale layout which is built on 2 - 4ft x 2ft boards and consists of hidden sidings to small branch line terminus. The fiddle yard is accessed via a sector plate hidden beneth a hill which in turn gives access to 3 'kick back' storage sidings hidden behind, and below, the station building and roadway. The smallest siding can accommodate a small tank loco and 2 Mk.1 coaches; the longest, a tank loco and 3 Mk.1 coaches. Trackwork is all Peco Code 100 with 'live frog' points crontolled by cycle spokes beneath the baseboard. The layout is wired for DC (Anaogue) operation using a Gaugemaster Hand Held sontroller and 'Relco' unit. The two baseboards, which have integral legs, are self supporting and easlily carried by one person and have been designed to fit into an average family hatchback.

The layout, which is approximately 5/6 years old, has been exhibited widely in the home counties, and further afield, and has also featured in an 'on line' model railway web site and forum. Inevitably, as one would expect, there are one or two small dings and chips to the scenery but these can easily be remedied.

I was offered 750 for the layout in August 2012 but at the time was not interested in selling it. In any event I thought this was a little more that It was worth on the open market. So I am currently looking for a figure in the region of 400 - 450, but obviously this is open to negotiation.

Please note however that the sale does NOT include rolling stock, road vehicles or the Gaugemaster Hand Held controller, which are all required for my next project.

The successful purchaser would need to collect the layout from the Aylesbury/Leighton Buzzard area.

Laugh at those who hurt you on their way to the top, then kick them where it hurts when they start to fall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Bring and Buy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: