FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTI #107
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genetk44

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortliner2001 wrote:
Gene Kruger wrote:
Was it this one Jack???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-BACHMANN-HO-SCALE-PLYMOUTH-0-6-0-DIESEL-LOCOMOTIVE-NIB-COLLECTIBLE-/400528452379?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item5d415b2b1b

No Gene - this one - 400469690291 - the seller must be out of his mind at that price!

Jeez. Jack....you should buy the one in my link...it looks to be in better shape and half the price!!!!!!
Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene, the one in your link has a KILLER Shipping price of well over $100 to ship to the UK... Shocked

They are both incredible Ebay listings... I do wonder what colour the sky is on the Planets that each seller lives on.... Laughing
Genetk44

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan...i didnt see that....damn! How do they come up with those insane shipping costs?????????.... Shocked Shocked
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good issue with lots of ideas. I liked the look of Broad Water Pier and the "history" behind the line, and look forward to the next installment. Meanawhile Argenton Wharf shows how little room is needed for O gauge, if the design is carefully considered. Both layouts prove that rails and wharves make for good-looking layouts. Likewise the Cheston Colour Works layout is a good one - the colour cover picture is a cracker! The Sling branch is a great inspiration as it was operated in a slightly unconventional manner. I have a layout version of my own (from RM some years ago) and will post this if I can find it.

On Watchet - there was no room to include the track layout at Raleighs Cross, although it was mentioned in the text. Again - I'll dig out a copy and include it here.
Jordan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not received my copy yet...most unusual as it usually arrives about the same time as most other's.... my Sub hasn't expired has it??
shortliner2001

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan - if it had expired you would have had at least one, and probably 2 notices in your mags - let me know if it goesn't arrive in the next couple of days - the lable printer sometimes loses a name at random
Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortliner2001 wrote:
Jordan - if it had expired you would have had at least one, and probably 2 notices in your mags...

That's what I thought; I haven't had a reminder yet.
Quote:
- let me know if it doesn't arrive in the next couple of days - the label printer sometimes loses a name at random

Will do - the Argenton Wharf layout sounds too good to miss..!!
Jordan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now received Cool and it does look a good issue - I like Paul B-B's Forest of Dean layout as that is also one of my favourite interests, and especially the Sling Branch as well. Very Happy
giles b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promised a couple of track plans recently, then found the pc and scanner were no longer talking to each other. Thankfully the problem is now resolved so here they are starting with a plan of the area round raleigh's Cross near the top of the Comberow incline on the WSMR

and a version of the Sling branch which appeared in RM eighteen years ago; it's for a room measuring 8ft by 6ft. The period envisaged was approximately the 1950s and the hidden sidings are for three trains:- an auto-train or GW railcar, a Dean Goods and a general freight and a annier with a minerals train to shunt the various factories and local industries. It took a few liberties with the prototype layout so I suggested it as a "typical" Forest of Dean branch serving the settlements of Milkwell and Spring.

Jordan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giles b wrote:
It took a few liberties with the prototype layout ...

You're not kidding..!!!
... although I do recognise bits of it; the "Sand Siding" is in there, for instance. One part of the Sling Branch I know very little about was the layout at Watkins Boiler Works at the end of the line. I think a very interesting layout could be made even by sticking more closely to the prototype track plan and industries.

As an aside, according to an article in one of the old D.F.R magazines "Forest Venturer", the Sling Branch's last ever working was also on the very last day of Steam operation in the Forest; 31st Dec. 1965, absolutely right at the end of W.R. Steam (except for the S&D, of course...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: