FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WANTED: Fleischmann N Piccolo track.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Bring and Buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: WANTED: Fleischmann N Piccolo track. Reply with quote

My lad has decided he wants to do an N scale layout - must be roundyroundy! I showed him the old Warren Branch articles & he likes it.
I like the idea of using Piccolo track with the built-in ballast - I loathe ballasting enough already!! If anyone has some old (but working!) Fleischmann piccolo N track that they want to sell, especially points; let me know..... Laughing
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worthwhile looking at Kato's N gauge "Unitrack" too Jordan. I used it for Allt-Na-Ballt, though not because it is ready ballasted (it is buried in the grass anyway) but because it offers a tight radius circle in the range.

The appearance is quite similar to Piccolo track, with a nice granular look to the ballast, as can be seen (just) in the backstage area of A-N-B...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67942777@N06/10114141984/

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
mog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vouch for this too.. unfortunately already sold off all my unitrack, as I've decided against pursuingn N scale.. but it's a good system if you want built-in ballast and fixed geometry. I used the powered points too, not cheap but good (no external motors etc to accommodate). You may be able to pick up quite a bit at reasonable prices on ebay.. the chap at Rails told me that a lot of people are selling off the sets they bought a few years ago and thus 2nd hand prices are down.
Tomix do something similar with even tighter radius curves btw

Mogtrains2 at:
http://mogtrains.blogspot.com/
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKcRvdN719g66eDzc2iUN1w
Jordan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chaps.. must admit I hadn't thought of Kato; as the Warren Branch used Fleischmann that's what I went for, and my local Model Shop dug out a couple of points for me on Friday. I've also won a few bits on Ebay without going into silly money prices; seems there's still quite a demand for it!
I now need just one each R/H & L/H straight as far as points go; I might need some short curves, and will also need some straight pieces, but I'm getting there.
I have a 4 x 2ft piece of MDF to brace up this week (sticking with the old methods for this one!!), and we could be running trains fairly soon... Laughing
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan wrote:
... we could be running trains fairly soon.
Errm, "we"? And there's me thinking it was for B Unit, as per the OP.
Jordan wrote:
My lad has decided he wants to do an N scale layout

Razz

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackcloud Railways wrote:
Jordan wrote:
... we could be running trains fairly soon.
Errm, "we"? And there's me thinking it was for B Unit, as per the OP.

Razz

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Er, um.... well I have to supervise, of course.... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Bring and Buy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: