FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Macalaster Industry MTI 109

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdbrooksburke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Macalaster Industry MTI 109 Reply with quote

This article is an interesting read with definite layout potential- on P26 of this MTI 109. Would be nice to see pictures of the railroad spurs in their heday -1950-1970 possibly.
The interesting section for me is between Concordia Ave and Marshall Ave. Does anyone know, or can they guess what the 3rd siding was/would be used for in this section as the other 2 are clear-Builders Yard (Y) and a scrap yard (S)?
Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did look interesting. The two published pictures just didn't do the article any justice at all, especially being 'distant' aerial views printed very small....
Try www.historicaerials.com which might be able to show aerial photos of the site, from different years as well. Worked for me when I was researching Schiller Park, Chicago - even had an aerial photo from the 1930's for that area!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: