FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

113 !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: 113 ! Reply with quote

Just landed on the doormat this minute.

That crept up on heralded!

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Jordan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh!! Embarassed

Great minds.... http://forum.mtimag.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1779

....posted at exactly the same time!!! Very Happy
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fools seldom differ? Laughing

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
giles b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine arrived mid-morning, too. Thought it was due, but wasn't expecting it for a day or two yet.

On cost savings and eBay purchases, I've often found it better value to buy multiple/job lot items, particularly if they're to be used for conversions. Most of my Tri-ang Transcontinental conversions to On30 rolling have cost less than £5 each on completion, even after allowing for the styrene and other materials (coffee stirrers are free, not the price of the coffee!), wheel conversions and the fitting of Kadees. That looks pretty good alongside even second-hand prices for Bachmann narrow gauge stock, plus I get the enjoyment of the conversion work.

I also agree - look in charity shops. I recently saw a toy house in the form of a handbag with a handle coming out of the roof (???) but basically it was a roughly 4mm scale 1930's house with stone/brick ground floor and timber cladding above. True the window frames were slightly over-scale, but not badly so, and the price was £2.50. With minimal work and a new paint scheme it would have been a ready-to-go model and certainly more than good enough for a Junior layout.
Roger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Mine arrived today! Spent the day in the garden with much tea reading it over and over!

Excellent as always!

Roger

The Lea Bailey Light Railway - follow us on facebook.
pdbrooksburke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: 63rd street Reply with quote

Great to see 63rd street again; anyone know the origins of the factory/wharehouse (Building F) on this layout? Kibri or Joueff?
Graham W

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: 63rd Street Reply with quote

Hi Paul,
The factory/warehouse building was a Kibri kit. It was detailed inside with a scatchbuilt plasticard office and a Dapol platform. The photo's in the original MTI 3 article were a different set it the photo's in the latest issue and they show the building more clearly.
Incidentally, the Atlas NYC S2 shown in the photo's belonged to a friend and just happened to be running on the layout when Chris took the photo's. The loco's normally in use were a Athearn Baldwin switcher in CNJ livery and a Bachmann 44ton switcher in Pennsy livery, both more in keeping with the Newark NJ location.
Graham W
on30critter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received issue 113 in the mail today. Great issue as always! I also renewed my subscription looking forward to issue 114.
Genetk44

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made it to Montreal yesterday….lovely issue..opening it to find our esteemed editors article on his small German layout build was a wonderful lookback to the early issues of MTI….as a matter of fact with the very international flair, UK,US,German and French subjects it really was an exceptional issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: