FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

El Cheapo Solering Iron....Lidl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Modelling Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon Hargraves

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: El Cheapo Solering Iron....Lidl. Reply with quote

Following a tip-off, I ambled up the hill to my local Lidl today and bought one of these: https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=6988&ar=7
While I have several other soldering irons for various purposes, the recent rekindling of interest in amateur radio means I have several printed circuit boards to build, for which a temperature controlled iron like this is A Good Thing.
As the temperature is variable, (200-450C), they should be useful for more general modelling work such as layout wiring as well.
The lowest setting may be a bit on the warm melty side for whitemetal soldering.....dunno, but then I have a special Antex for that.
Passed on FWIW in the hope it may be of use to someone....and no, I haven't tried mine yet!
Simon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Modelling Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: