FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue 118.... last chances to say....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, although I am not pleased someone else is in same boat as me, it does give me hope that it is just some delay in the postal system.
I used to live just down the road, so know how some of the post codes can mean post goes round a rather circular route. The geographic boundary between Surrey and Berkshire is totally different to the postal(and telephone) one and did cause a few problems when I lived there.
Also the first books I read were Thomas books borrowed from a small library in Ascot.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
shortliner2001

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the missing items don't show up in the next couple of days - post here and I'll get another copy sent
Best
Jack
hoss

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack

Thank you - hopefully my copy will turn up without having to bother you.

Simon

That would have been the Durning library, which was moved into the racecourse when that was rebuilt.

I still hope that the successor to MTI proposed by Chris Ford can get off the ground. The sample issue shown on his site looks good.

Best Regards

Steve
shortliner2001

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seem that because of the election printing Chris has been getting them in dribs and drabs - so another batch went out yesterday PM - this may be the reason that some copies are delayed - together with his ambulatory problems. I think all current subscribers copies have gone out, so any that aren't in the list have had their subscriptions run out and will need to order #118 seperately
giles b

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoss wrote:
I still hope that the successor to MTI proposed by Chris Ford can get off the ground. The sample issue shown on his site looks good.
Steve

Which site's that then? I googled Chris Ford but none of them are him.
Jordan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giles b wrote:
hoss wrote:
Steve

Which site's that then? I googled Chris Ford but none of them are him.

This is the site:-
http://scalerailsint.blogspot.co.uk/

It does look good!!

although I gather there may have to be a re-think over the name, it's very close to the NMRA's mag "Scale Rails", apparently.
Roger

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine arrived today !

Thanks to all involved for both this issue and the many excellent reads before it.

Right - computer off - back to reading it!

Roger

Very Happy

The Lea Bailey Light Railway - follow us on facebook.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still nothing received. I even double checked when I paid for subscription and that was September last year for 6 issues(ie a year) so a bit puzzled. First time I have had a problem with post round here.

As for a new magazine, I have commented on another thread, but I seem to remember Chris sending out the trial version of MTI to those he had on his list. I think he must have had subscription details from previous magazine.

hoss

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine arrived today!

There have been many plaudits given to Chris Ellis for his work over the years and quite rightly so.

In his editorial for the last issue, Chris recorded his thanks to those who have contributed to the magazine. May I echo those sentiments? A lot of inspiration for this not so knowledgeable modeller has come from your articles and ideas - so thanks everyone.
Keep up the good work via this forum - please - I need you!!!!

Regards

Steve
mog

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received mine, read through it and added it to the pile, with a tinge of sadness, knowing that this will be the last. MTI occupied a space with Carl's micro site with me for many years, so sad to lose it.. but Thanks Chris for letting us be part of the club!

And - Thank you to Andrew for the very flattering article about Brett. Quite an honour to be to be in the last issue. Smile

Mogtrains2 at:
http://mogtrains.blogspot.com/
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKcRvdN719g66eDzc2iUN1w
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like I am going to have to wait, as nothing received yet. Starting to think our privatised post office has decided not to deliver to me for some reason. I am going on holiday so won't know if anything arrives till I get back.

shortliner2001

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon - PM me ( or email chacmool at lineone dot net)with a return date and confirm your address and I'll speak to Chris and try to get it there for when you return
Roger

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying reading 118 - and today I received 5 back issues to complete my subs paid. I got 36 to 40 - fantastic! Included was a nice note from Chris - I had only written in last Friday and I got them today!

Looking forward to The Book!

I'm off to York tomorrow - so that's my reading matter sorted for the train

Cheers Chris & all

Roger

The Lea Bailey Light Railway - follow us on facebook.
Tappa

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had two copies of 118 sent to me. I am happy to forward one on if required.

Jeff
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back home to UK, and magazine amongst pile of post waiting. Thanks for sorting it out.
Interesting seeing the GWR railcar drawings and article. Its a pity most published drawings show one side as this , I think led Lima to do the other side's pair of door wrongly. I think it has been mentioned in old articles.
I noticed the advert for Chris's new book. It does not say how many pages or size, but sounds like a very good way to tie into the final magazine, and if possible I would like to order a copy , as I think I still have enough money in my subscription pot.
Most of my old magazines are over in France, so I was looking through some. Mainly to track down old exhibition guides to see how dates matched up to memories. Really need to have a better look next time but I did find my early copies of MRN(1969 -71?) with two well known contributors here, namely Giles Barnabe and John Flann!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: