FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally getting there...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Finally getting there... Reply with quote

... with the fornicating Forney.

This loco has been nothing but trouble since I got it, but it is now just about fit for use on the FCPyF.

http://playingtrains.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/forneycating/

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
giles b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read your latest blog page, Bob, when do we learn how the FCPC fits into the Sierra Occulta railway map? The coaches are certainly interesting - wonder how old they are?

Regarding the fitting of the rear pony truck - if it won't attach to the loco, could it be mounted on a long arm off the front of the tender, effectively making a 6-wheeled tender pretending to be a 2-4-2 and 4-wheeled tender?
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on using the tension lock loop of the pony truck (it's from a Lima prairie) to engage the coupler mounting on the front of the tender chassis as a draw bar. At the moment I've attached the pony truck to the loco chassis using a bent nail (spot the bodger) but it needs something a bit more reliable.

The coaches are lovely, very thin plywood construction for the bodies with thicker, shaped, wooden sheets for the roofs. The brake third is a bit of an oddity, the guard's compartment does not have external doors so I've made a representation of an internal door between it and the adjacent passenger compartment. The saloon appears to be based on a Corris Railway coach, with the entrance on one side only and has quite ornate lining.

The San Pedro Coastal Railway's route? Not sure, either east from San Pedro towards the Atlantic (sharing track with the FI for the first few miles) or west towards the Pacific, not very specific. And just because a railway company's grand title says it goes somewhere doesn't mean it actually gets there, the Lancashire, Derbyshire and East Coast Railway didn't reach Lancashire... or the East Coast! Wink

However, as Sierra Oculta is my little Marxist paradise the railways are all state owned so the rolling stock tends to get moved around at random wherever it's needed rather than staying on home rails, a bit like Irish 3ft gauge locos ending their days on other railways than their own.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: