FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New front end to my 3D printed collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Modelling Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: New front end to my 3D printed collection Reply with quote

The Shapeways website and database is not really designed for people with lots of designs.
It can even be difficult for me to locate something, so I have started my own front end, with categories and sub categories. I also wanted to produce a downloadable template for the track sections so people could plan layouts. These are simple full sized pdf files. There is detail, but not enough for someone to try and use them to design their own 3D printed track. Templates only shop top surface, not end profile.
I have started with my latest designs, points for SM32, as there are only 4 designs so could test it out easily.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how the Shapeways site works Simon, but couldn't you use a freebie site such as Wordpress to publish direct links to your 3D models?

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could do Bob, but I have webspace going spare, and paid for. All it is is a list of track items, in categories and sub categories(these are not possible on Shapeways), with direct link to item on Shapeways and also a pdf file for template.
Link via my website

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Modelling Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: