FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

laser cut kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Modelling Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: laser cut kits Reply with quote

It seems that there are more and more laser cut building kits available. More in OO than N, but I came across this one today
inthegreenwoodlaser

I have just ordered some of the cobbled road to see if it matches my 3D printed sections. If they do, then I will definitely be using them, including cutting them up for some wedge sections I need.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a couple of platform canopy kits from this supplier recently. Excellent service, very quick delivery and a good price for the product.

Three sections shown here, the fourth was altered a bit and used at a right angle across the concourse. At two sections for a fiver, post paid (UK), I'd say they're pretty good value. 3mm ply, a bit on the thick side, but looks fine from the usual layout viewing angles.

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably could use the canopies for bigger scales, so thickness not so much a problem.

Blackcloud Railways

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, mine's on an O scale layout. The support columns are extended by slotting the kit's posts into hollow Plastruct square section.

Has anyone else noticed that Photobucket's advertising seems to be getting even harder to avoid? The screen now flickers as you click to upload, resulting on the click landing on an advert. Very annoying!

Once there were mountains on mountains and once there were sunbirds to soar with and once I could never be down.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, looks good, definitely better suited to bigger scales. Interesting some of the curved canopies they do are for 1st radius curves, which are not as popular these days. Mind you I use 1st radius on my narrow, gauge so might get some for another APA module.
Hoping to move my art workshop to new bigger premises(and a lot cheaper), so hopefully might be able to start on some more projects.

Everything on the internet is getting slower. Companies are now trying to get more money back, for things they were happy(?) to give away free before. My wife can not access some websites now, because she has an 'ad' blocker on her computer. The visual adverts, I can put up with, easy to ignore, but the ones with sound should be banned, especially if you are trying to listen to something else on computer, so can't turn sound off. Luckily I can still do that with Youtube, so don't have to have sound so videos, however good the background music is. Also sound on exhibition videos(not music, but people talking) is annoying, although listening to some comments can be funny!

Internet systems are now also being tweaked to suit mobile devices, instead of the units we use at home. I suspect some people/companies might find their websites don't suit the new technology. One reason I stayed with simple HTML code, but even then I am not sure how screen size etc affects its appearance. It used to be possible to test your websites on different platforms, but that is not so easy these days. Next time I speak to someone with internet on their phone I will ask them to look at my website.

ruedetropal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Laser cut kits - street cobbles Reply with quote

just received some laser cut cobbled street sections .
I am very pleased as they do actually match up to my 3D printed track. I have not tried to cut them yet, but I think that they will be a very good add on to my track for straight sections. Certainly a lot cheaper, so definitely recommended.
I am tempted to get a few packs and cut them up to sell alongside my 3D printed sections. Always worried that when I find something it then goes out of production. A bit surprised no one else has done laser cut cobbled street sections before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Modelling Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: