FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D printing demos at exhibitions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: 3D printing demos at exhibitions Reply with quote

As most here know, I have been designing models and track for 3D printing for a few years, and I am now attending model railway exhibitions to show what I have done. I hope to sell a bit, but as costs of production are high for me I can not afford more than a few samples, so prefer to demonstrate the benefits of 3D printing.
Public response has been good at the exhibitions so far, but I wonder if I need to push the idea a bit more, especially to do demo stands at exhibitions(I would not be planning to sell anything, just showing people what it can do and my contact address).
Based on this would people want someone like me demonstrating what 3D printing can do(and can not do!)?
One other option is to partner up with someone else, either a trader or demonstrator. Happy to consider any option.
From what I have seen, no one else is doing this at model railway exhibitions, and although 3D printing has been around for many years, it is still a novelty for most people. A lot of myths and misunderstandings out there, making it even more useful to have a demo stand at exhibitions.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: