FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MKD kits and connection to Wills OO kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: MKD kits and connection to Wills OO kits Reply with quote

Something that has been bugging me for a few years. I raised question a few years ago when there was a Hornby International themed contest for models and layouts.

I remembered having had some MKD kits from my parents, including brick and tile sheets, and these were obviously the same as Wills OO scale kits, or one included parts from Wills kits. i have read in past comments that the signal box was rescaled but think this unlikely. I have noticed that some MKD kits still seem to have parts of Wills in them. The garden sheds are common, the shop fronts can be found, and the concrete walling is also offered. Interestingly prices are higher than original Wills versions.

Pesumably this connection between MKD and Wills dates from pre Peco ownership, although Peco have had their products packaged with other makes, and are making the OO9 wagons Bachmann are sellling in their Thomas OO9/HOe sets.

When I originally mentioned this to someone at Peco, they were not aware of any connection between MKD and Wills/Peco, so wonder if anyone here can shed some light on it.

It is of interest now as Hornby have MKD, and the MKD webpage has what looks like Wills originated kits or parts.

A quick search on ebay, came up with both girder bridges in MKD boxes. Probably old models but maybe most of range was produced with MKD boxes.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: