FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wellington Street an Earl of Dudley odessa 0 gauge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Wellington Street an Earl of Dudley odessa 0 gauge Reply with quote

The setting for the layout is the Black Country an area once described as “red by night and black by day” where furnaces lit the night sky and smoke hid the sun during the daylight hours. Wellington Street is my 9th Earl of Dudley Railway layout one of which was “Ashwood Basin”. Ashwood Basin was the western extremity of the Earl’s system and Wellington Street was the Eastern extremity. However, Wellington Street in reality Wellington Road was a Land Sale but, was out of use just after the Second World War, so blending fact with more than a generous helping of fiction I changed the name so that I could incorporate the Old Park Engineering Works which had remained in use during the sixties on a short section of the line from the Wallows. Now twisting fact, Old Park has become Doolittle and Waite Casters and Fabricators and has a small goods yard serving the company and several other smaller industries. The track work is scratch built using copper clad sleepers and code 124 rail. Buildings which dominate the layout are constructed from 2mm Lite-Ply with embossed plastic overlays. The scenic break feature is a dismantled overbridge which once carried part of the Bumble Hole line between Dudley and Old Hill.

Iron Duke Pub as W.I.P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: