FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More 3D ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: More 3D ideas Reply with quote

I am currently working through my designs for low relief shop and houses. A bit laborious , so I thought I would try something different. In current RM there is an article about building a GWR coaling stage in 4mm scale, so I followed the builders ideas, and using my brick counting skills, and the useful measurements given in the article started on my own design for 3D printing.
The big problem with any of these brick buildings, is the size of the computer files , so I split buildings down. I started with the upper level(which still can be cut down even more), to get an idea on file size and cost. Well file size is OK(but will need to be cut down a bit, after extra detail is added), and the price is far lower than expected, mainly because it does not hog too much space.
I am definitely tempted to carry on. Thing is I can easily(?) resize model down to N and HO, and I might be tempted by some more railway buildings. That classic concrete coaling tower(Carnforth?) is one I might be tempted by, and at least that does not have bricks!

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basic design, well actually a bit more, as apart from some little detail or mods then it is complete.

Because of all the bricks in the design it has been split into 3 sections to keep file size within max limit.
sub level, then mid level, up to top of arch, then final level of brick with tank on top of it. The support walls attached to back wall are part of sub base section, as that is less complex than the middle section.

The file size, and complexity mean putting all 3 sections together to do an image is tricky, and before computer starts to wobble, a quick screen snap.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> On my workbench All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: