FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Water made from toilet paper video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Modelling Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheshire001

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Water made from toilet paper video Reply with quote

Tru this video for how to make water from toilet paper. The chap who originally forwarded the link to me thought the layout looked like Looe, but I thought more like bog Hall Jc. (Whitby).

Seriously, I reckon it's some of the best water I've seen and construction looks pretty cheap.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwpB7sVMn8
giles b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing that, Roy. Very interesting, a seemingly foolproof method with some rather good results. I'll go back and watch the next clip another time.
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good. I had a quick scan through to see if there was anything different to using other materials, but not really.
I wonder if it is actually necessary to add glue, as paper contains a lot.

My own experiments with mashed paper, and more recently toilet tissue suggest that it is not necessary. Glue does make it dry/set quicker and it is applied a lot wetter so could affect baseboard etc, but otherwise I can see no added benefit in adding glue.

I am not trying to put people off following the ideas in the video, just adding what I have found myself over the past 10+ years.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Modelling Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: