FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help wanted, Drawing of class 499 trailer luggage van

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRACKED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Help wanted, Drawing of class 499 trailer luggage van Reply with quote

Hi, I am about to convert a pair of HO Lima Mk1 BSO's into a SO, which will leave me with enough parts for either a full brake, or a class 499 trailer luggage van.

The class 499 vans were used in conjunction with the 417 MLV's on Boat trains in the late 1970's and were basically conversions from a full brake.

Would anyone know where I can find a drawing or diagram of the class 499

Cheers
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to had a look at HMRS website. They have large collection of drawings, which you can search for online.

edit: had a quick look but could not find anything, could be worth contacting them though.

Worth checking this site out, as it has diagrams for a lot of BR stuff
http://www.barrowmoremrg.co.uk/Prototype.html

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
cloggydog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, the 499s were a BG with the addition of through MU wiring.

Having bodged BGs from Triang Mk1 BSKs, you need to reduce the overall length to a scale 57' from the middle section of the coach - the guards door is offset to one end. I think BG drawings were done by Arthur North in MTI, not sure which issue though.

Last edited by cloggydog on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ruedetropal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you look in the index online, I think it is issue 43, British Railways Non-Passenger Carrying Coach Stock

I remember seeing it in my magazines when sorting through them in summer, but they are in my house in France so can't chek.

http://www.rue-d-etropal.com
cloggydog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTI issue 111 has drawings of the Mk1 Full Brake (BG) from which the 499s were converted by way of adding the MU wiring.

(Issue 43 has drawings of the modernised 'Super BG' with roller doors, no guards compartment, etc)

Class 499 info (from wiki):
Number Status
As EMU Previous Departmental
68201 80915 ADB975611 Scrapped (2011)
68202 80918 ADB975613 Scrapped (2011)
68203 80922 ADB975612 Scrapped (2011)
68204 80925 ADB975614 Scrapped (1996)
68205 80942 ADB975610 Scrapped (1996)
68206 80951 ADB975615 Scrapped (2008)

More info here: http://www.kentrail.org.uk/class_419_MLV.htm which implies that the mods were limited to high level pipework and through MU wiring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> The Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: