FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trainman PS-2 hoppers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Trainman PS-2 hoppers Reply with quote

Good to see the reivew of the Trainman PS-2 short hoppers in MTI-74. They are the same hoppers Atlas have always made but are now sold in the Trainman range and are cheaper.

I agree with the reivew they are an excellent choice for a small layout. They look good even though they are basic by todays standards.

Atlas produce in batches and it is worth keeping an eye on their website wher you will find a shipping schedule so you can see what road-names are being produced. They also produce a couple of different numbers for each road, so you can buy a couple and not worry about changing the numbers.

Model Junction show the following road names in stock and slilghtly cheaper than the LSWR price the magazine review quotes:

Missouri Pacific
Santa Fe
Jersey Central
Milwaukee Road
Rio Grande
Southern
Delaware & Hudson
Olin Chemicals
Western Maryland
Western Pacific
Clinchfield
Elgin, Joliet & Eastern
Southern Pacific

The photo on page 41 of MTI-74 shows two of these type of cars being spotted at the feed mill at Colonel's Crossing, typical use. You could also use them for cement or sand.

They also need only basic un-loading facilities. Every layout could use one or two of them.

Ken
steve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, might have to acquire a couple for Duncan's Mine...

steve
Ken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve I am sure there is something that needs delivering to or collecting from Duncans Mine that would justify a PS-2 short hopper. These Atlas models are great value and add variety to any train.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: