FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTI-87 - Stockton Tramway
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Federici

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is possible.
Layout will be ready for an exibition (also a contest) that will take place in Foligno on 2nd june. I should say i hope it will be ready!!!!
After the exibition, i will prepare some articles for italian magazine "Tutto Treno Modellismo". I think similar woek coul be done for MTI.
In few words, the church has been a "two evenings project".
Usually we model front of buildings. But some buildings are also interesting in their backs (as women, by the way...)
So why don't try to model the back of a romanic church? I've used a Forex structure, and a Redutex brick foil: a very simple model!
Redutex is a spanish product - a rubber texured foil which is already coloured. It is a very interesting product.
For more informationa have a look to www.redutex.com.
The fabric on the left is a home made model; it is an "all bristle" model.
The freight depot on the right is a very simple model with a forex structure.
I will post more photos in the next future.
Goor afternoon from italy
Antonio
Ralphc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Redutex 3d textures Reply with quote

I know this is an old post but came across it when I was doing a bit of research. These textures are now available in the UK if anyone is interested. Www.modeltextures.co.uk
johno

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered this little layout from Giles as I have been looking around for ideas for a very small workable layout that I can store in a cupboard. I have looked at box file layouts but couldn't decided a track plan.

What is the size of the and could it be made even shorter?

Thanks
Johno
giles b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original was built on a DIY shelf and was (without looking it up) 3ft (39ins?) by 7 or 8 inches.

Those look like Hornby wye points at the centre, so you might save about 30-40mm by using small Peco wyes. Otherwise there's not a lot you could trim off the sidings - they're pretty minimal as it is, except for the lower RH one. Maybe 25 - 50mm off here but add the same amount onto the main line "stick" seen at the back of the warehouse. For decent operation the sidings should take three standard 4-wheeled wagons as a minimum. The original layout was worked by a Terrier, so a Pug or one of the new 0-4-0STs might save a tiny amount in the hidden siding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Article Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: