FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More rambling round Arkansas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadoak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loco featured this time is a little more up to date an EMD SW1500 she was purchased from BN and then checked over mechanically in our own shops. Finding all was well a coat of black paint on the cab sides hid her original identity. She was then put to work switching at a large feed mill.
The I&W logo on the cab is plastic and is easily removed. This is used as some customers donít want their customers to know the locomotive is leased to them. Complicated but it all makes sense to me, see what I mean about imagination.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a second hand loco that Andy had acquired seen posing around Benson yard. Then leaving town past Arkansas Feed Co and the yardmasterís grounded caboose. A bright attractive livery I think.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few photos Andy took a few weeks ago of his Morristown & Erie Alco C424 working in the yard at Benson.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few pictures of a pair of F7Aís still wearing their SP livery but now on The I&W short line roster. They are the power on a pulpwood train on its way to Louisiana and the Continental Can factory there.

An I&W Alco S2 is seen pulling a couple of box cars. Then again passing the Arkansas Feed Co. premises pushing a small cut of covered hoppers in the yard at Benson.
Then we see a close up of a pneumatic trailer of chicken feed pellets for delivery locally. The trailer came with a much more modern tractor unit which I felt was not right being far too modern. So it is now pulled by a White Freightliner tractor unit with a V12 Detroit Diesels engine, which I think looks better for my period
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more photos for the Alco-holics this time taken by me on Andyís last visit. This time there is a bonus with some photos of a Delaware & Lackawanna C420 switching cars at Benson.
I also managed to get a few shots of the Morristown & Erie Alco working in the yard as well at the same time.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fix for the Alco-holics this time featuring the Morristown & Erie C424 seen lurking in various parts of Benson yard. These are more of the pictures I took on Andyís last visit, but it is one of his locos, the usual all singing and dancing job.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We come now to the end of that Alco session, I am sure there will be more, Andy seems unable to resist them. Not that there is anything wrong with that. So the last couple of shots show the two Alcos tied up while the crew head off to a nearby diner for some beans.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A typical mid week scene at Benson, nothing exotic just TVRR geep #8 working in the yard. She has been rebuilt in the I&W shops at Rosston to a full GP18 specification and is now 1800 hp.
She is joined later in the day by an SP SD45 looking slightly less than immaculate on a train of empty boxcars that will be loaded with lumber.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the site that I uploaded my photographs on postimage.org is currently not working, so all my images have gone. I have had my suspicions for some time and recently started using Flickr instead.
This is the third time this has happened to me and if Flickr folds up I will not be posting any more photographs.
I intend re-doing some of the more recent images but this will all take time.
I am not the only one affected apparently some 140 million images are affected.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now replaced well over 1100 photographs on this and my Two Sisterís Farm thread. However there are still some missing due to a pc crash I suffered
some years ago. As most of these were not taken by me I really have no idea what they were other than the general subject. I intend to replace some of these missing photographs with new ones which I will take myself.
I will post these photos here so everyone can see them, they are ones that will feature my own locos and stock.

Regards Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I&W geep with pulp wood flats.

Peter
Broadoak

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#381 backs her train of pulp wood cars into the west yard loading track and leaves them to be loaded. The geep then runs up to the servicing area and ties up while the crew head for a nearby diner.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The I&W geep is seen tied up at the rear of the west yard masterís grounded caboose. The crew, having shut the engine down have to loose themselves in town for a few hours while their train is loaded with pulp wood brought in by trucks.

The crew return and re-start the geep then head down to the pulpwood loading track. They find their train is loaded and ready to go. So they couple onto it and pull the train to the loop, park the cars and run round the train. When they have coupled onto the front of the train after a brake test they set off for the mill at Hodge LA picking up more loads on the way.

Peter M
Broadoak

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seemed something familiar in this film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_BqxP1k-8

Regards Peter M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Model Trains Interactive Forum Index -> Layout Tours All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: